Thursday, October 21, 2021

Juventus chief denies Paul Pogba interest

Juventus sporting director Federico Cherubini denies that the club are interested in re-signing Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba.

Juventus sporting director Federico Cherubini has denied that the club are interested in re-signing Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba.

The 28-year-old has entered the final 12 months of his contract at Old Trafford, and has been linked with several clubs including Juve, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain.

Pogba joined the Serie A giants on a free transfer from the Red Devils back in 2012, however Cherubini has confirmed that the club will now look to target younger players, including Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Braut Haaland.

“On the market we will look for players like Haaland before the final maturity. Any investment will go in the direction of a young profile. I plan to bet on another type of player,” Cherubini told the Daily Mirror.

These comments are a complete contradiction to what has been said by Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola, who has suggested his client could return to Turin next summer.

Pogba has made a bright start to the new campaign, providing seven assists in his opening five Premier League matches, four more than any other player so far this season.
Source Link

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments