Monday, October 18, 2021

Agent speaks out on Ayoze Perez’s future at Leicester City and makes Napoli comment

The agent of Leicester City attacker Ayoze Perez says he could leave Leicester City on a free transfer in two years’ time and says the attacker “really likes” Napoli.

Perez has made three appearances for the Foxes so far this season but was sent off in their defeat to West Ham United last month.

The former Newcastle player was linked with a move away from the King Power Stadium in the summer having been tentatively linked with a switch to Everton.

But talking about his client’s future, Olaf Bonales Ferrera told Napoli Magazine that a move to Serie A could not be ruled out in the future, particularly after Perez was linked with Napoli when he was at Newcastle.

” He had a €30m release clause at Newcastle, it’s impossible to compete on the market with English clubs,” Ferrera told Napoli Magazine and reported by Sport Witness.

“He really likes Napoli and Italian football, but Leicester is a great option for him right now.

“For now he has another two years of contract, we don’t know the future: he’s 28 years old, when he will be 30 he’d be free and it would certainly not be a problem for the Italian league. Maybe…”

Perez’s agent also feels Napoli against Leicester will be a cracker on Thursday night when the two clubs meet in the Europa League group stages.

The clash at the King Power Stadium promises to be a brilliant contest and Ferrera feels they are the favourites to win the group.

“Napoli, because of their history. Leicester are a young team on an international level, with little experience but great players,” he said.

“However, Napoli are part of recent history in Europe, for me they are the favourite in the group. Thursday will be an intense match, let’s see what happens.”

Earlier today it emerged that Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has written to both UEFA and UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson in an attempt to get clearance for three players to be able to face Brendan Rodgers’ side.

Napoli looked set to be without goalkeeper David Ospina, striker Victor Osimhen and defender Amir Rrahmani for the clash, due to them having to isolate for 10 days upon their arrival in England.

That’s because the trio visited nations on the red list during the international break.

However, the government has since confirmed that it has extended its elite sport exemption which now covers teams travelling to England to play European matches.

Had it not come into force, European games involving clubs whose countries are on the red list would have had to be moved to a neutral stadium in order for them to go ahead.
Source Link

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments